@Netherlands (8/9/09)

@Netherlands (8/9/09)

Monday, June 28, 2010

Libero’s Lucky Costumes

Hi! Ken here.
I got a high fever of 39.5℃ here in Johannesburg where the altitude is 1500m and it is hard to even boil water. 
Finally my temperature went down to normal yesterday, and I am getting ready for the Japan vs. Paraguay game tomorrow.

But I am still a bit under the weather, so I am resting at home today.

I ended up never finding out whether I have the flu or the measles.
Even though my temperature went down, it’s not something that heals quickly.
Thank you all for your kind and encouraging messages!


Now, I’m going to show you my three treasured costumes.
With these lucky charms, Japan can beat Paraguay.

First of all, here is my familiar samurai armor, which I am wearing in the picture of the main page of this blog.
I think that most Japanese supporters have seen it on the blog or on TV.
This is what is looks like before I put it on.

It’s plastic, so it’s lighter than you may think.

This samurai armor was made for us (Libero) by Tsun-san who is the head of the “Samurai Topknot Supporters” who was at the Olympics in Bejiing to cheer on Japan. 
He brought the armor to South Africa for us from Japan!
I’ve heard that Tsun-san has not only been on TV in South Africa, but has also appeared on some Japanese infotainment shows. Great job!
On the right side of the chest is “Baka-tono”, 
a character from a very famous Japanese comedy show.

On the left side is the JFA (Japan Football Association) emblem.

Did you know that it is pretty hard to put on?

I’ve worn this twice, and Japan has won both times!
(*I didn’t wear it to the Japan vs. Netherlands game in Durban, because it
was too far away from our “home” to wear it.)

So, I am going to wear it to the Japan vs. Paraguay game in Pretoria.
I will do whatever it takes to win the game!
Here’s my next costume:
The “Score Prediction Hat”!

I heard it was shown quite often on TV in Japan too.
I wore the “Score Prediction Hat” showing 3-0 to the Japan vs. Cameroon game…and Japan won 1-0.

Being humble, I wore the hat with 1-0 to the Japan vs. Netherlands game, and Japan ended up losing by that score.

At the Japan vs. Denmark game, the prediction was 3-0, and if the Dutch didn’t score that PK, it would have been right on.

So, the hat stays at 3-0 for the Japan vs. Paraguay game.
I will do whatever it takes to win the game!

And last but not least…
This t-shirt is what I wear under my samurai armor and Japan national team uniform.
A HONDA t-shirt.

I tried to take a cool picture of me wearing this shirt, but look, I am wearing slippers! I guess I still must be feeling a little under the weather.
I bought it from a Japanese website before going to see Honda play in the Russian football league.
I’m going to bring these three costumes to the game.
I’m going to get my health up to par as much as possible and then head off to the battlefield.

Wish me luck! Wish Japan luck!

We assume that Japan will win, so I’ve put Spain and Portugal flags on my hat.


Finally, before I go, I’ve got a favor to ask all of you. Put on something blue, anything blue, and cheer for Japan!





Follow us on Twitter!! 
http://twitter.com/2010Libero 


 We appreciate if you'd publicize our blog and Twitter within your circle of your soccer friends or acquaintances.







No comments:

Post a Comment