@Netherlands (8/9/09)

@Netherlands (8/9/09)

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Just you wait, Danish dynamite !!

God Morgen, this is Atsushi !
God Morgen is "good morning" in Danish.

I left Serbia and came to the capital city of Denmark, Copenhagen.


Copenhagen means the port of merchant in Danish. 
There are many canals there.



Very nostalgic city hall.


Ken has visited here last autumn.
But, at that time, the drawing wasn't held yet. 
So he didn't look for any stories here.

Now that, Japan is scheduled to play against Danish . So I just came back to find a story.

I am going to stay here for 4 days from 1st April to 4th.

During the time, I will visit Danish Football Association without noticing them and watch some local soccer games. That might be enough to satisfy me. 
Also, I have got the address of the association and the schedule of the games.

Then, I found out there is five-day weekend during my stay! 
One of the day is off because it's on Easter Day.

It's said that Easter is a Christian holiday celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ not only in Denmark but also in everywhere in Europe.

That means, the association must be closed, too.

 I though what about the local soccer league?

I checked up the internet to find there are only two games in Copenhagen. They fall on 1st April and 5th. 

1st is the day for my departure and I'll be in another place on 5th.
Oh, man. Unlucky.

I didn't know about Easter when I was planning my itinerary. 


But I am an optimist.
Bad luck never stops me !

Where there is a will, there is a way!
"will" could be interpreted as "interesting story".

Then, I came up with an idea that I give some question about soccer to Danish.

1, Do you know any Japanese soccer player?
2, Who is the best player in Danish national squad?
3, Who do you think win the game, Japan or Danish?


I feel uncomfortable speaking to people on the street.
So I went to Parken Stadium which is the home of Copenhagen FC.



It's 34,000 capacity and also the home stadium of Denmark national team.



FC Copenhagen's logo.

I was gonna ask some people joining stadium tour or staffs in official shop.
But all shops are closed and no stadium tour.



Thanks Easter.

I can' t go home without some stories!!


I found a turf ground!


Finally, there seems to be some soccer fans, I guess. 

Oh, it's a long way to get here.

There was a women soccer game. They seemed college teams.



The referee was a boy.
They played lightly.


At last, I did give my questions to spectators watching the game.

They were children, seniors, boyfriends of the players up to 20 people there.


1, Do you know any Japanese soccer player?


Guess what?

The most people gave the name of,

Park Ji Sung.

He is not a Japanese but a Korean !
Maybe Danish can't tell Japanese from Korean.

By the way, the people were even struggling with recalling the name "Park Ji Sung."
They goes like, "Well, who was that Asian playing for Manchester United... Oh god, Yes !Park something, right?"

Then, the second most vote winner is Nakamura. Yes, he is a JAPANESE.

The third one is Inamoto. Honestly, I didn't expect him on the third.
I wonder if his career in France made a big impact on them.

The rest of them answered, "No, I don't know anybody. Sorry."

I asked them, "Do you know Nakata or Kawaguchi?"
Still no response.

Nakata is very well known in the world, but not in Denmark.

Kawaguchi used to play for Assurance FC, but nobody remembers him.
Oh, I was so disappointed. I'm a big fan of him anyway.

So the bottom line is that Denmark could pay little attention to us.

Just you wait !!




Follow us on Twitter to be updated news!!

 http://twitter.com/2010Libero

No comments:

Post a Comment