@Netherlands (8/9/09)

@Netherlands (8/9/09)

Saturday, November 21, 2009

What a surprise in Ghana!!

Good morning, this is Atsushi.


Today is the second day of our visiting Ghana.
As usual, Ken and I visited Ghana Football Association (GFA) without any appointment.


I asked a guy, who is working for a stall next to the hotel we stayed, how to get to GFA. He told me that it is located within 10 min away by taxi from here.  


He caught a taxi and asked for a discount for us.
He was so nice guy! 


We headed for the building which is supposed to be near a big stadium, according to the friendly guy. 


It was so hot (over 30 ℃) in the cab as Ghana's  tropical climate.
To make matters worse, the air conditioner was not working.


The stadium is 40,000 capacity venue. 
I heard this is not the one for the African final qualifier. 

At the front gate of the stadium, I was going to take a photo.
But a security guard warned me, "Don't take pictures!".

We were treated very kindly at Spain Football Association and Tunisia Football Association. We're shocked.

I tried to persuade him to let us in.

The guy told us, "GFA is not here. If you want to get inside the stadium, you must pay 20 Cedi."

I thought he was offering a bribe.

But looking at the wall of the booth, I found the message saying "Entrance fee 20 Cedi." I was relieved.

He told me that I would be permitted to take photos if I pay.
Then we decided to get in the stadium, putting off visiting GFA.

As always, we wore Samurai blue. No exception. 

The second level seats are for guests. 
The seats are made of leather. 
Also, the scene from the seats were great.

The scenery from the seat where I was is below.
Overall, they are gently sloping seats. 

I didn't expect to see the grounded stadium in Africa.

You might say it's normal for the regular member of the World Cup to have it.
But I couldn't believe it until I saw it with my own eyes.

Then we asked the security guy how to get to GFA.
Finally we got there!
This building is GFA. Its roof looks Japanese house!


This bus might be for the national team. 
Can you see the letters on the front.
"Black Stars". It is the nick name of Ghana national team.

I was afraid of taking photos again.
But we're brave so that we entered the building.

I asked the receptionist, but she gave us a dry response.
We were to give up. 
Then a big black guy in white-colored ethnic costume was approaching us.


This was one of the most unbelievable moments we've ever encountered during our trip!!


Who could think of this happening?
No candid cameras could do this.


Seeing is believing. Have a look at this!




Surprisingly, the black guy was a JAPANESE!!


That he was a Japanese is joking. 
But he speaks Japanese fluently like native Japanese speakers.
His name is George.


George used to go to Japanese school. 
He speaks Kansai-ben, which is one of the dialects.

Oh, my goodness. 
We've supplied many big stories. But this can be one of the best of all.

We're were so amped up by this incident!
Who could imagine this? Here is Ghana!
Half of you could not even locate it on the world map.

We were absolutely lucky so that we could meet an African who could speak Japanese in this unfamiliar country!

We're so excited that we forgot to ask him questions such as "Who is the secret weapon of Ghana national team?" or "Who is a good player among Japanese national squad?".

Anyway, a coincidence is one of the interests in this journey.

I might be able to ask for a help about our Visas in visiting neighbor countries.
We will keep in touch and hope to see him in the World Cup next year.










Follow us on Twitter!! 
http://twitter.com/2010Libero 


 We appreciate if you would publicize our blog and Twitter within your circle of your soccer friends or acquaintances.



No comments:

Post a Comment