@Netherlands (8/9/09)

@Netherlands (8/9/09)

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Madeira Island

Hola! This is Ashishi.


We've landed in Madira island which is an outermost region of the European Union.


When I was a college student, I was really into a simulation video game called "Age of Geographical Discovery"and Madeira
island was one of the important stronghold in the game.


You know what? The island is the hometown for Christiano Ronaldo !




We used TAP airline. It cost 140(EURO) for a round trip.




There are 250,000 people in this island (10,000,000 people in Portugal). I have seen many tourists from all over the Europe.
It seems to be a resort spot like Ibis island.




This is the runway of Madeira Airport. Look like the Parthenon in Greece.


The runway is located on top of the columns




I've never seen this weird runway.




I am staying at Funchal in the city. In Funchal, there was a big flooding a month ago and 50 people were dead.



The road was smashed completely. I guess it was made by the flood.




A month has passed sine the disaster. I couldn't see any chaos in the city anymore.



The cityscape is definitely European style.




This is a cathedral in centro. I am staying behind this building.




The housetop was really cool !




Night scene of Funchal from the roof.




I wanted to be with a beautiful woman ! Hahaha.


The guy Yomoken's wilting me...


I wish I could be accompanied by a beauty in the next journey !!





No comments:

Post a Comment